Since May 2018, numerous TDF drug users have filed Truvada lawsuits seeking financial compensation over the injuries they experienced.
Many of these Truvada cases are pending in court — but you still have time to get involved and take action over your injuries.
If you experienced bone or kidney issues after taking a TDF drug, reach out to a Truvada attorney with Sokolove Law to learn whether you may have a case.
Truvada Lawsuit Claims
Truvada class action lawsuits allege that Gilead:
- Knew before going to market that TDF could be unreasonably and unnecessarily toxic to a patient’s kidneys and bones
- Withheld the safer drug alternative of tenofovir alafenamide (TAF) or Descovy® for more than a decade to make more money off of their TDF drugs, even as patients began reporting severe side effects
- Failed to adequately warn physicians and consumers about the safe use of TDF drugs, including the need to monitor patients for these side effects
Who Can File a Truvada Side Effects Lawsuit?
You may be eligible to file a Truvada side effects lawsuit if you or your loved one:
- Took one of these Gilead HIV drugs: Truvada, Atripla, Complera, Stribild, or Viread
- Experienced bone problems or kidney damage as a result
Truvada Side Effects
TDF-based HIV drugs like Truvada can potentially cause a range of serious side effects and health issues, including:
- Acute kidney injury (AKI)
- Bone fractures
- Bone mineral density loss
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Fanconi syndrome, which can cause kidney damage and bone loss
- Kidney or renal failure
- Osteoporosis, which can increase the user’s risk of suffering broken bones
- Renal insufficiency/impairment
- Tooth loss
How to File a Truvada Lawsuit
Filing a Truvada lawsuit may seem like a lot, especially when you’re grappling with the side effects of a medication you thought would keep you safe. But the legal process doesn’t have to be a stressful experience.
When you work with a skilled team of HIV drug lawyers, you just may be surprised by how little you actually have to do.
In general, your Truvada lawsuit lawyers and legal team will:
- Determine if you have a case during a free legal consultation
- Gather all of the evidence needed to build a strong case, meeting with you in person wherever it’s convenient for you or talking
- via phone call or video conference
- File the Gilead TDF lawsuit on your behalf
- Pursue compensation in the form of a Truvada settlement or jury verdict
- Go to court if your Truvada case doesn’t settle
Truvada Lawsuit Settlement Amounts & Verdicts
When an attorney pursues Truvada compensation on your behalf, if your case is successful, compensation can potentially be awarded in one of two forms:
- Truvada Settlements: In general, a Truvada lawsuit settlement could be reached if the defendant and plaintiff agree on terms to resolve the legal claim.
- Truvada Jury Verdict: If a Truvada settlement isn’t reached, a potential case may continue to court, where a judge and jury will hear the case and decide the outcome in a verdict.
Sokolove Law strives to make the legal process as accessible and stress-free as possible – at no upfront cost to our clients. We’ve helped thousands of families in all 50 states over the past 40 years.
What to Look for in Truvada Lawyers
Filing an HIV medicine lawsuit can be a difficult process without the support of an experienced legal team — but not all Truvada lawyers can offer you the same advantages. That’s why it’s so important to work with a law firm that has the resources to have your back.
Here’s what you should look for when choosing a Truvada lawyer:
- Free Case Evaluations: Sokolove Law offers free, no-obligation legal consultations, so you can see if you may be able to take legal action, absolutely free of charge.
- Decades of Experience: We’re not new on the scene. We’ve been committed to serving our clients for more than 40 years.
- Nationwide Legal Representation: We have represented clients in all 50 states and have offices in nearly every state.
- A History of Success: Many law firms file a successful lawsuit from time to time, but you want to work with someone who has been successful for a while now. We’ve successfully recovered over $1.5 Billion for our clients affected by dangerous drugs and medical devices.
- No Upfront Fees: Our Truvada lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning we’ll only get paid if you do.
If you’ve experienced serious side effects after using HIV drugs like Truvada, our team may be able to help you pursue financial compensation through a Truvada side effects lawsuit.
Get Help Pursuing Truvada Compensation
According to Truvada lawsuits, Gilead was allegedly reluctant to hurt sales by admitting its TDF-based products were unreasonably and unnecessarily dangerous. By withholding that fact, as well as a safer alternative drug, Gilead could stand to make billions.
Pharmaceutical companies should never be allowed to exploit American people – especially those suffering from a life-threatening infection. That’s why Truvada attorneys with Sokolove Law stand firm with HIV patients to recoup the money and quality of life they lost after putting their faith in TDF drugs.
Will you stand with us to hold Gilead accountable? If you have taken a TDF drug and suffered any of the side effects above, you may be entitled to compensation with the help of a Truvada law firm.
Call (877) 446-7463 or get a free legal case review today to learn more about your options. There is no cost to speak with us, and a member of our team is available 24/7 to discuss your potential Truvada lawsuit claim.
Note: Do not change medications without first consulting your doctor.
Truvada, Viread, Atripla, Complera, and Stribild are trademarks of Gilead Sciences, Inc.